Lee and Meade


traveler
The two commanders at Gettysburg set up headquarters in local buildings. Lee took over a stone house (used today as a privately owned museum) on Buford Avenue (Route 30) not far from the Lutheran Seminary. Meade's headquarters was established in the Leister house along the Taneytown Road, near Hunt Avenue and a short walk from the High Water Mark.
meadehqface
meadehqfront
meadehqrear
Mailed Oct. 6, 1906 to New Cumberland, PA
Mailed June 19, 1947 to Bedford, NY
leehq1
leestaff